Monday, May 12, 2008

I had a little contretemps with photobucket recently. If you label life drawing as nudes, it doesn’t like it. Funny that it only removed three out of the eight I’d uploaded. As it pissed me off, I deleted the rest and posted them to Deviant Art instead – within 12 hours I had a subscriber. Any how, photobucket replied to my complaint and apologised for removing my life drawings in error. That was nice, but now I’m wary of this “family wholesomeness” that is prevalent in certain sections of the over PC brigade. Woe betide any child that looks on a picture of a nude person regardless of any artistic merit.

To me a body is to be celebrated in all their forms; an object to be drawn. Fat, thin or perfect, I’ll draw the lot. The one thing I have noticed is that pretty, perfect people are the hardest to do. Give me a knobbly, lanky person with all their reference points and I’m in heaven. A pretty person has even features, is smooth and well proportioned; fewer reference points makes an error shriek on the eye.

So here’s the filth (sketches are A5, the pastel is A3)







1 comment:

Lavalle Lee said...

very cool life drawings